The holidays are over and I definitely indulged and enjoyed it, while being mindful when it came to the food I consumed. I ate the same as always for most meals and allowed room for the unhealthy sugar filled flavours of the season. I hope you did as well, there’s nothing like loving and enjoying the food you are eating, and we all know it’s all about moderation.
But I am aware that we all want a reset and to get back into the swing of eating well so….
Here are a few tips and tricks I use:
- Hydrate, I ensure that I am drinking enough water you should too especially if you indulged in alcohol.
- Sugar detox, I step away from all refined sugar and some natural sugars leaving only fruits as my sugar source.
- 👆🏾these were so yummy
- Get Sweaty, I jump back into the working out and sweating up a storm.
- Fasting, I also do fasting as it allows my body to reset as well, by fasting I mean extending my fasting period and reducing my eating window.
- Increase your fibre, during the holiday we tend to over eat, so increasing your fibre fills you up and keeps you fuller for longer.
- Eat your greens, my final tip is up your veggie intake and pack those micro nutrients in, your body will thank you.
It’s a new year and it’s time to dominate so go forth and live. Take care of yourself, mind, body and spirit.